Saturday, January 26, 2013

Book Review: FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green



Making a blog about this book feels like a betrayal to the author, to the readers and to this intellectually made piece of story. Being the apathetic that I am, I did not by all means shed a single tear while reading through the very rock bottom hard drama parts especially when Gus said he have lit up meaning his cancer cells are now glowing like a Christmas tree lights, its everywhere through his body, and I can’t believe it that I haven’t cried, even when Augustus Waters died .

But, nonetheless it was a really good book, and the chance to make a blog from it is unexceptional.

The book was narrated by Hazel Grace Lancaster a terminal cancer teenage girl, who by the initiation of her mother made her to join a support group where she met the staring gentleman Augustus Waters that by that time got his legs amputated and was NEC (No Eminent Cancer). Still Hazel couldn’t find anyone more attractive, charismatic and hotter in that support group other than Augustus Waters who clearly is emanating those darling crooked smiles. 
 

What I like about this book are the metaphors, the two intellectually made characters and the story that just want to tell you that life goes on, that some infinities are bigger than other infinities, that the world is not a wish granting factory still God put’s the right persons in our lives.

I have made one realization though, it’s a common awareness that people with cancer are most likely dying, but who isn’t? We are all dying, truth be told every day we are dying because that’s where all of us will go, and because we are human and have a family to care, a world to see and someone to love we are hoping to live a little longer.

…and by the way dear Mr. John Green if An Imperial Affliction is a duly published book, I surely would love to read it. =)




2 comments:

  1. I really want to know what the fuss is all about and after reading your review, I think I'll put The Fault in Our Stars on the number 1 spot on my to-read list and read it ASAP. Nice post, Daryl! As always! ^_^

    Anyhow, can you follow my blog too? http://myrpensieve.blogspot.com

    Tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi may! sorry this is a very late reply..obviously...hehe have your read it already?

    i followed your blog already!

    =) ang daming review! alike it!

    ReplyDelete